Tuesday, May 15, 2007

In reply to Kenneth's comment about his issue with the screen... based on what you're telling me that you can still see the screen very faintly, I would say your problem is with the inverter. The inverter is what powers the backlight, and when it goes out, the screen can still be seen very faintly. Also, the fact that you can run the computer fine with an external screen points to an issue w/ the screen/inverter not w/ the computer in general. I would recommend you don't put it in an oven at 350...

Best of luck!

4 comments:

kennethdorman said...

With all the time in the world, I thought to myself after posting the below comment, I wonder if there is a way to check if it could either be the inverter or the CCFL and came across this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yi6GNFcP3w

So as shown in the video tutorial I plugged in a extra LCD I had laying around to the M1210 which is having issues and behold, it worked just fine. Let it sit for 15 mins and didn't go out.
Conclusion is, I will start with the CCFL which is the least expensive and work my way up. Thanks for the feed back and I will keep you updated.

kennethdorman said...

I am thoroughly convinced that the CCFL was shot. Now I am at the cross roads as to what LCD panel to purchase. If anyone would recommend one way or the other the M1210 or 710m LCD I would greatly appreciate the input. Thanks

Bz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.